These Cranberry Almond Energy Bites are a quick & easy protein-packed snack – loaded with healthy nutritional ingredients to boost energy and keep you feeling full! A perfect after-school snack or on-the-go breakfast option!
These snack bites are made with little morsels of goodness that create a rather healthy snack. Pureed almonds, oatmeal, maple syrup and almond butter along with dried cranberries and white chocolate chips come together for an excellent bite-sized treat. They have the taste and texture of oatmeal cookie dough, but without the loades of extra sugar and calories.
These bites are an excellent on-the-go snack. You can grab a little container of these and throw them in your purse. Great for a little something to take in the car when running errands, or on a road-trip. Because lets be honest, convenience store snacks are not only terrible for you, but they don’t taste that great either!
These are also a great pre or post workout snack, perfect for re-fueling after a run or your favorite gym class.
Here is how easy these snack bites come together:
Cranberry Almond Energy Bites
Makes: 12 bites
– ¾ cup pitted dates
– ½ cup dried cranberries
– ½ cup dry oats
– ¼ cup creamy salted almond butter
– ¼ cup raw almonds
– 1 tablespoon chia seeds
– ½ teaspoon cinnamon
– ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 tablespoon water
1. You should place the dates, cranberries, oats, almond butter, chia seeds, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a food processor. Pulse up until mainly integrated and smooth.
2. Include in the raw almonds and water, pulsing for 5-10 seconds, simply until the water is uniformly included and the almonds are chopped.
3. Get rid of the blade from the processor, and start rolling the mix into bites, forming 12 balls. Store in a covered container to have on hand as a healthy snack.
Nutrition facts per ball: 120 calories, 5 g fat, 19 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 13 g sugar, 3 g protein