The most commonly used thing to collect liquids is the plastic bottle. The easiest thing is to buy a plastic bottle once with water and then refill it with tap water for several days.
Cheap and practical solution. But many still do not know that filling water in a plastic bottle over and over can damage the body.
In the following, read a few things about it and remember them.
Which bottles emit toxic substances?
Plastic bottles can release toxic substances. Therefore, always look at the sign on the bottom of the bottle – a triangle with a figure indicating what type of plastic the bottle is made of.
A bottle labeled with “1” (PET or PETE) is safe, but for one use only. Due to the presence of oxygen during heating or exposure to the sun, such a bottle can cause toxic substances falling into the water that is filled in it.
Avoid bottles labeled with “3” and “7” (PVC and PC), because they emit toxic substances that enter the water, and their longer consumption causes dangerous diseases in the body.
For multiple use, select polyethylene bottles (marked with numbers “2” and “4”) and a polypropylene bottle (marked “5” and “PP”). They are relatively safe if you store them in cold water and disinfect them properly.
Plastic bottles = favorable environment for bacteria
According to scientists, the plastic bottles we use more than once have almost the same number of bacteria as the toilet bowl lid. The level of bacteria in such bottles often exceeds safety standards.
The conditions for the creation and development of bacteria are made by ourselves, when touching the bottle with dirty hands and not washing it properly, and keep it at room temperature with water in it.
What should you do?
Wash the bottle regularly with warm water, soap and vinegar.
Pay attention to the bottle throat
Even with washing the bottle, it may still happen that we get some poisoning or another health problem.
Most bacteria are present in the bottle throat, where it is not always possible to properly remove the dirt. Therefore, to protect yourself, use a straw instead of drinking directly from it.