What these veggie tacos do not have in meat, they more than offset with huge, strong tastes. With every bite your palate are dealt with to a mix of tastes and textures that hit all the sweet spots you ‘d expect. From the lightly spiced and charred cauliflower florets and the tangy, crispy pickled cabbage, to the fresh avocado-yogurt cream, this is a veggie taco you’ll love.
Roasted Cauliflower Tacos (Serves 4-6)
For the marinaded red cabbage
– 1 cup distilled white vinegar.
– 1 cup water.
– 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
– 1 teaspoon salt.
– 1/4 small head red cabbage, cored, and shredded.
For the cauliflower
– 1 medium head cauliflower (2/12 pounds).
– 2 tablespoons olive oil.
– 2 teaspoons chili powder.
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin.
– 1/2 teaspoon unsalted garlic powder.
– 1 teaspoon salt.
– 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
For the Tacos
– 2 medium avocados, halved and pitted.
– 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt.
– 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided.
– Carefully grated zest of 1/2 medium lime.
– Juice from 1/2 a medium lime.
– 8-12 little corn tortillas, warmed.
1. Make the pickled red cabbage: Put the vinegar, sugar, water, and salt in a medium-sized pan. Bring it boil over a medium-high heat, stirring periodically to dissolve the sugar. Place the cabbage in a medium, heatproof bowl and pour the mix over the top. Mix, and let the cabbage sit in it while you prepare the cauliflower.
2. Roast the cauliflower: Set up a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 425 ° F. Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven. Core the cauliflower and suffice into little 1-inch florets without stems. Place in a medium-sized bowl, include all the staying components, and toss to blend. Remove the hot sheet from the oven, put the cauliflower on the sheet, and spread in an even layer. Roast until browned in spots however still crisp-tender, stirring halfway through, about 20 minutes.
3. For the tacos: While the cauliflower is cooking, scoop the avocado in a medium bowl and mash. Stir in the yogurt, 1/4 cup of cilantro, lime zest and juice, and set aside. When the cauliflower is prepared, drain pipes the marinaded cabbage. To put together, fill the tortillas with the cauliflower and marinaded cabbage, then top with the avocado mixture and staying 1/4 cup cilantro.