Natural vitamins are very useful and are amazing for your body. On the other hand, some pharmacy manufactured vitamins can be very harmful for you. That’s why you should stay away from such vitamins.
Multivitamins account for over 40% of all supplemental purchases. A total of about $5.7 Million out of the nearly $37 billion in supplement sales in 2014. The number one vitamin producer is known as Centrum. They are also the number one selling vitamins in the country. Pfizer, which is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies on Earth, owns this brand. They are actually the largest Pharma company, which mainly deals in manufactured chemicals. The largest natural producer deals mainly in chemicals as well. How wonderful, right?
This Pharmaceutical company, has been involved in many different cases of fraud and legal battles. It has also been threatened to be sued over false claims about the vitamins in 2012. The threat was from the group “Center for Science in the Public Interest“”. The company settled, and was also forced to pull claims about breast and colon health, but still clung to another controversial language on its bottles about various health-promoting benefits.
Centrum vitamins are those that contain harsh chemicals and ingredients. Some other chemicals that are used in making line tin, coal, and propel jets are also included in these vitamins. Some other things which were also found in the ingredients of Centrum vitamins are at least three preservatives and several color additives, along with various chemicals and additives that are toxic to your health and even carcinogenic.
Centrum makes many claims (still) about the benefits of taking its multivitamin, from immune boosts to metabolism kicks, yet there are many additives used in these mass-market pills that can be harmful or downright toxic to your body. At least three preservatives and several color additives, along with various chemicals and additives that are toxic to your health and even carcinogenic, are found in the ingredients of Centrum vitamins.
Centrum Vitamins’ Dangerous Ingredients List
– GMO Corn Starch — The genetically modified version of corn, Bt corn, has numerous negative effects on the body and is specifically damaging to the detoxifying organs like the liver and kidneys, as well as the heart, adrenal glands, and spleen. Hepatorenal Toxicity is a concern with GMO foods, including GMO corn, which causes kidney failure and is typically fatal.
– Calcium Carbonate — While this compound found in rocks, shells, and even pearls is sometimes used to help increase calcium levels in the body; it’s also been linked to strokes and heart disease, especially in the elderly. There have been many recent studies to suggest its link to heart issues and myocardial infarction. It can also negatively interact with medications.
– Hydrogenated oil – Although they are typically safe in their natural state, they can quickly turn toxic when they get processed under extreme heat atmospheres of pressure and injections of metals. When ingesting these oils, they clog the arteries, causing massive heart and arterial issues, as well as producing cholesterol to bandage artery walls that have been impacted. As a result of the vascular problems, the brain can be often affected, and the side effects from it can lead to Alzheimer’s and ADHD. In some cases, only a few minutes after ingesting are needed to start impacting your system.
– Food dye yellow 6 – This is a toxic food dye, which is a carcinogen and can often lead to allergies, tumors on the kidneys and testes, as well as to some chromosomal damage. It can also lead to hyperactivity, restlessness, and even ADHD. What can also not be dismissed is the increase in processed snack and fast foods in correlation to the rising number of children on behavioral medications.
– Titanium dioxide – This one is a naturally occurring mineral which has recently been found to possibly be carcinogenic in humans. It is used in a lot of products, in order to increase the whiteness, like paints, ink, paper, and even cosmetics and toothpaste. It has been previously listed by the FDA as a safe pigment when 99 percent pure. However, on some recent studies on rats, exposure to the dust fragments of titanium dioxide caused lung cancer.
– Polyethylene glycol – This is a compound which is often used in in the manufacturing of coal-burning plants, rocket fuel as well as over-the-counter laxatives. It is an additive which can cause hives and other allergic reactions, kidney damage and esophageal bleeding, or tears.Polyethylene glycol has also been linked to autism. One of the other side effects, which is sometimes more common in children, is called encopresis, which is a continuous leakage of semi-formed feces.
Vitamins from Real Food & Real Multivitamins
An ideal scenario is to get your daily vitamins and minerals through the consumption of real, whole foods. If you plan on taking a supplement, however, you ideally should not have to reference a scientific encyclopedia to understand what’s in your vitamin.
Plan to stock your fridge and pantry with some whole foods that are more easily absorbed and processed by your system first and foremost before rushing to the supplement aisle.
– Vegetables – Start here and never leave. Loaded with vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients, vegetables should be the most abundant source of vitamins and minerals in your diet each and every day. For every negative side effect of the additives and fillers in mass-market vitamins, there is an opposing, health-promoting benefit in vegetables. Some of the most nutrient-dense vegetables include leafy greens, broccoli, avocados Brussels sprouts, cabbage, sweet potato, and watercress. The list of benefits goes on and on, which is why you must eat your veggies daily.
– Herbs – Herbs are the Mighty Mouse of the food world. They’re loaded with nutrients, antioxidants, phytosterols and vital oils that promote health in a little bundle. Curcumin, found in turmeric, is one of the most effective anti-oxidants understood to combat against cancer, discomfort and brain illness. Volatile oils discovered in many of the herbs have actually been used to eliminate cancers in addition to many other conditions. These oils also assist in weight loss, ventilating, stress and anxiety, digestion and more. A few of the most powerful include turmeric, garlic, parsley, basil, ginger, and oregano.
– Fruits – Just like vegetables, fruits include high quantities of vitamins and anti-oxidants. They’re a big source of folate, vitamin C, fiber, and potassium. They help lower high blood pressure and reduce the danger of heart illness. Many of the “superfoods” around today are fruits. The top five most antioxidant-rich fruits are pomegranate, acai berry, maqui berry, goji berry and red grapes (especially the skins).
– Sprouted Grains, Nuts, Seeds, and Beans – Sprouting is essentially the practice of sprouting seeds– whether grains, nuts, beans or other sort of seeds– so they’re simpler to absorb and your body can access their full dietary profile. A major advantage of sprouting is that it unlocks helpful enzymes, that make all kinds of grains, seeds, beans and nuts much easier on the digestive system. This also helps increase advantageous flora levels in the gut, so you experience less of an autoimmune type of reaction when you consume these foods.
– Organic, Grass-Fed Meat and Wild Game – Omega-3 fatty acids are essential for the body as healthy fats, and organic, grass-fed meats have high quantities of them– in reality, 2 to 4 times as much as grain-fed meat. Grass-fed meats and wild video game are normally richer in nutrients however lower in fat and calories. Grass-fed meats are likewise abundant in CLA, another healthy fat that fights cancer, in addition to vitamin E.
– Free-Range Poultry and Eggs – Much like grass-fed meats, free-range poultry, and eggs include much more nutrients and great fats than the business, caged range. They consist of more beta-carotene, vitamin E, and A, in addition to omega’s, all while having a 3rd of the cholesterol and a quarter of the saturated fat. Free variety eggs are also one of the few foods that consist of vitamin D.
– Wild-Caught Fish – Wild-caught fish are far better for you and offer necessary fatty acids without the increased levels of hormones, colorings and potential toxins found in numerous farmed fish. Wild-caught fish supply an outstanding source of protein as well, and when consumed at least twice a week, they can help minimize the threat of Alzheimer’s and other illness.
Ways to Select Healthy Vitamins
Often a diet plan can still fail so if you do take a vitamin, make it a real food multivitamin. There are numerous things to bear in mind when you choose a vitamin:
Do’s: One Hundred Percent natural and One Hundred Percent entire food-based, either raw or low-temperature heated. Likewise make certain the vitamin includes minerals, which are crucial to vitamin absorption.
Dont’s: The label needs to not check out any soy, gluten, corn, hydrogenated oils, preservatives, GMOs, colorings or dyes, or binders like magnesium stearate. You likewise don’t desire any USP-verified vitamins, which might sound good but include synthetics.