Do you know what is gelatin?
For those who don’t know the answer, gelatin is made of glycine and proline, two amino acids which most people fail to consume in adequate amounts. This is because they are found in the bones, fibrous tissues, and organs which people today don’t consume anymore. This is really bad as these amino acids are essential for a good condition of your skin, nail, and hair growth as well as for weight regulation and optimal immune function.
Glycine is a compound which makes 1/3 of the amino acids in gelatin and contains anti-inflammatory properties which accelerate wound healing and improve the quality of your sleep.
Why it is given to people in hospitals?
Its an easy food to digest and is known as a clear liquid. Gelatin is commonly handed to patients as their stomachs can handle it.
When recovering, the body needs food that is able to be digested easily, which means jello is perfect for them. Jello is a colored-gelatin that improves digestive health and integrity by improving the gastric acid secretion, and restoring the healthy mucosal lining of the stomach.
Gelatin is found to absorb water and aids in keeping the fluid of the digestive tract leveled. With that, it helps with normal bowel movements and good intestinal health.
Gelatin – Health Benefits
– It’s rich in proteins – just one tablespoon of it contains 6 grams of protein so if you want to add more proteins in your diet this could be your ideal choice.
– It improves digestion – gelatin naturally binds to water and helps food move through the digestive tract more easily.
– It improves bone and joint health – it’s rich in amino acids which are essential for strengthening the cartilage in joints
– It can help with food allergies and intolerances – it can heal the lining of your stomach and digestive tract.
– It helps you flush out the toxins – thanks to the high amount of glycine it contains, gelatin helps your liver flush out the toxins out of your system
– It improves hair, nails and teeth quality – it contains keratin which is a very important protein when it comes to hair, nails and teeth health.
– It gives your skin more elasticity – in case you didn’t know gelatin is essentially cooked down collagen. Consuming it will help improve your skin quality much more effectively then hard- to- absorb collagen facial creams
– It helps your wounds heal faster – as we already said, it contains glycine, which has strong anti-inflammatory and healing properties.
– It helps you sleep better – according to a recent study gelatin not only improves your sleep quality but regular consumption can also help you shake off the drowsiness and improve your cognitive function.
– It promotes weight loss – according to experts, gelatin stimulates the production of the human growth hormone and boosts metabolism.
Recipe for a delicious jelly (Homemade)
– Three tbs. of unflavored gelatin;
– One cup of green tea;
– One cup of fresh strawberries or grape juice;
– One cup of orange juice (freshly squeezed);
– Stevia or honey
Initially, you need to cook the green tea and add some stevia and honey. Next, add the unflavored gelatin, and mix until it is dissolved. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
Then, add the orange and the grape juice and make sure to mix them well. Pour the resulting mixture into a container and put it in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
Your delicious jelly is ready! Enjoy!