Have you felt tingling or numbness in your hands or arms? Has this feeling persisted for several months or gotten worse with time? If so, you may have carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS).
CTS can happen when a nerve in your wrist is pinched. In many instances, this is the result of a typical everyday activity. This includes the frequent use of vibrating hand tools, playing a musical instrument, or manual labor. There’s some debate over whether typing or computer work can cause CTS.
Some symptoms are:
-Mobility in the wrist is lost
-Clumsiness in the movements of the fingers
-Numbness in the thumb, index, major and annular fingers
-Weakness to pinch with thumb and forefinger
-Loss of strength
-Pain that begins at the wrist and continues toward the elbow
-Decreased sense of touch
Carpal tunnel syndrome is more common in men than in women. It occurs between 30 and 60 years. Some people are born with a narrow tunnel, so they are more likely to have it. Also, there are some factors to keep in mind that can trigger it:
-Cysts or tumors
-Frequently use a vibrating hand tool (for example, a pneumatic hammer)
-The retention of liquid
If you experience mild CTS, you may be able to ease your symptoms with lifestyle changes and medication. Here are seven home remedies for carpal tunnel relief:
– Take a tablespoon of flaxseed oil every day, and give it at least two weeks to have an effect. Flaxseed oil is extremely rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which reduce inflammation. Take it with food for better absorption. If you like, you can mix it into your orange juice or add it to your salad dressing.
– The herb St. John’s wort, best known as an antidepressant, can also help repair nerve damage and reduce carpal tunnel syndrome pain and inflammation.
– Topic of ginger, eucalyptus and mint: To make this filling, you need 5 leaves of eucalyptus, 5 leaves of mint and a root of ginger. Crush the leaves of both plants in half a cup of water. Add two tablespoons of grated ginger. Crush all the ingredients. Add more water if the consistency is too thick. Place in the refrigerator to use when it is very cold. Apply it on the pain and let it act for half an hour.
– Cypress and rosemary: You require 2 branches of rosemary of about 10cm each and cypress oil. First make an infusion of concentrated rosemary: Put the two branches in 300 ml of water. Put on the fire till it boils. Leave to boil for 10 minutes. Eliminate from heat and place in refrigerator.
– Perform gentle massages, throughout the aching joint, with cypress oil which is an outstanding anti-inflammatory. Then apply a cold compress with rosemary infusion.
– Fenugreek: It is made up of numerous compounds that are beneficial to the body (niacin, vitamin B3, flavonoids). It helps prevent infections and treat diseases such as arthritis and osteoarthritis. Mix this flour extremely well with water till it forms a thick paste. Apply to the carpal tunnel when you feel pain.
– Arsenic ointment: Apply half a tablespoon of ointment to the inside of the wrist and carefully massage it up and down the joint until it reaches the base of the palm. Perform this treatment in the early morning upon waking and in the evening before bed.
– Fruit smoothie: You need a grapefruit, an orange and a piece of pineapple. Squeeze orange and grapefruit. Mix the juice together with the pineapple. Consume a glass every three days before the appearance of the very first pain. It is recommended to prevent the syndrome.
Immobilize, the sore hand utilizing a wristband with a splint for a month. If the pain is mild, only at night. In case of having very strong discomforts, throughout the day.
– Putting cold compresses to ease swelling (avoid thermal pads).
– Consume foods rich in vitamin B6: potatoes, wild rice, bananas, chicken breasts and leafy vegetables.
– Care our position: If we are resting, our hands must stay extended and unwinded, with the ideal wrists. When using the computer system, the keyboard needs to be at the height of the elbows, hence avoiding straining the joint. Do not sleep on your wrists.
– Avoid unscrewing items with only three fingers, Utilize the entire hand to distribute the force equitably.
– Add to your diet plan: pineapple (for consisting of bromeline which is an enzyme), turmeric (the curcumine it includes is an anti-inflammatory) and foods with magnesium.