If you are like most people, then you are not very fond of doing sit-ups. However, you are probably interested in having a straight and attractive stomach.
Luckily, fitness specialists have designed a simple solution that can deliver the effects of one thousand sit-ups.
They have created a static exercise that relies on distribution of the entire body weight on the toes and hands while the body is kept straight.
The solution is called the plank and it is static, but all the weight of the body lays on the toes and hands, whereas the body is straight as a board. Namely, the body is unable to move an inch which enables the belly to become flat.
The exercise needs to be done several times per week for 10 minutes. Take a look at all the instructions:
– Stretch your shoulders as much as you can while pressing your palms firmly on the floor. Make sure your neck is stretched out and your hands comfortable, not as if they are about to loosen up.
– Although your abdominal muscles carry most of the work, your leg muscles should also feel tense. If you don’t feel that tension in your leg muscles, position your heels further while pressing on your toes so that the quadriceps are more tensed. Then squeeze your buttocks in order to activate the muscles in your lower body.
– Hold your buttocks closer to the floor. Your body must resemble a straight line, not a triangle.
– Breathe in and out rhythmically in order to ease holding this body posture.
– Holding your body in the right position is essential and you can easily achieve this if you imagine a glass of water balancing on your lower back or a ball rolling from your nape to heel without being stuck in the lower back.