Wrinkles are an inevitable phase of life. Our skin is naturally elastic and regains shape after being stretched due to elastin and collagen. With age, our skin tends to become thinner and loses its natural elastic property. However aloe vera works wonders in delaying signs of aging and wrinkles.
In a research study released in the Annals of Dermatology in 2009, scientists found that just 1200 mg/d (1/4 teaspoon!) of pure Aloe Vera gel can significantly reverse signs of skin aging – In 90 days.
30 healthy women over the age of 45 got 2 different oral doses (low dosage– 1200 mg/d, high dose– 3600 mg/d) of pure Aloe Vera gel supplementation for 90 days.
The results were impressive: After simply 90 days, facial wrinkles improved significantly in both groups, and facial elasticity improved in the lower dosage group.
So aloe vera for avoiding wrinkles works! While ways to use this incredibly plant to decrease wrinkles?
See listed below 5 great Aloe Vera anti-wrinkle treatments you can easily do in your home:
1. Homemade Aloe Vera Scrub
• 1 tablespoon of Aloe Gel
• 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup of brown sugar
Mix the ingredients together and massage it gently on your face in a circular motion. Do this for about 3-5 minutes then rinse with lukewarm water. Pat dry after.
The brown sugar will exfoliate the dead skin and permit the healing nutrients of the oil and the Aloe to penetrate your skin.
2. Homemade Aloe Vera Face Mask
◦ 1 tablespoon aloe gel
◦ Pinch of Turmeric Powder
◦ 1 tablespoon raw honey
◦ 1 tbsp milk
◦ A few drops of Rose Water
Make a paste from all active ingredients other than for the aloe gel. Add the aloe gel to the paste and blend it well. Use the paste to your face and neck evenly and leave for 20 minutes.
Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry with a tidy towel. Repeat as soon as a week.
And other 3 easy homemade aloe vera face mask
1. Mix 1 teaspoon of powdered sea greens with 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel. Use a thin layer to the face and leave on for ten minutes prior to washing. Do this once a week.
* Seaweed powder assists cleanse the body removing impurities and nourishing the skin by restoring it with necessary nutrients. It also promotes blood flow leaving your skin with a healthy glow.
2. Mix 1 tbsp of Aloe Vera gel with 1 egg yolk and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Use on your face and leave for 20 minutes.
Egg yolks in fact contain retinoids that help the skin have a younger glow. These retinoids are usually the main ingredient in many anti-aging items and you can have them the natural way by applying egg yolks on the face.
3. Mix 1/2 cup of fresh grapes with 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel and 1 tablespoon of raw honey. Apply over your face and leave for 20 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
The antioxidants present in grapes are valuable to avoid the damaging results of complimentary radicals and thus slowing skin aging.