We all have heard about various benefits of turmeric use. But, did you know how beneficial it is for the brain and liver, if you consume it every day?
Turmeric For Brain Health
The latest research has found that curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, can treat Alzheimer’s disease. One of the primary causes of this disease is a plaque build up in the brain called beta-amyloid plaques. Curcumin actually, can inhibit the plaque buildup up to 40%.
Curcumin plays a big role in Alzheimer’s treatment, due to its anti-inflammatory properties, as it reduces damage that is caused by oxidizing agents and inflammation. Turmeric is also useful in the treatment of depression.
Liver Function And Cancer Prevention
Another benefit of turmeric that many don’t know about is how effective it is in promoting liver health. The main ingredient in turmeric, curcumin, has been used to treat liver diseases for over 100 years, but legitimate scientific research into its effects have not been conducted until recently.
Researchers believe that it is the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects of curcumin that make it so beneficial to liver health. Studies have shown that curcumin reduces liver damage caused by:
– Ethanol (the type of alcohol that you drink)
– Iron overdose
– Liver disease (such as cholestasis)
– High toxicity levels
– Cirrhosis (scarring of the liver)
Curcumin has also been found to reduce the risk of developing liver cancer. It does this by reducing the effects that human carcinogens, such as thioacetamide, have on the liver.
How To Get The Most Out Of It: Quick Recipes
It is recommended to use certified organic turmeric extract containing 95% curcuminoids. Make sure you use high-quality turmeric in order to reap all its benefits.
According to a study, by consuming ¼ teaspoon of turmeric daily, you can lower any type of inflammation in the body and help in the prevention of many diseases.
Turmeric Water Recipe
By taking this turmeric water recipe you can get the recommended daily amount of curcumin.
– A quarter teaspoon of organic turmeric
– One or two cups of water
– Start by boiling the water, and then add the turmeric in it.
– Next, you should boil it for another 10 minutes.
– Then, remove it from the heat and leave it to cool. Once it cools off, you should consume it.
Turmeric & Oil/Fat
– 1 teaspoon turmeric
– 2 cups coconut milk
– 1 pinch black pepper
– 1 tablespoon coconut oil
– Mix all the ingredients and then heat them, but don’t boil them. You should drink this mixture while is warm.
– Turmeric, combined with fats is 7-8x better absorbed. Also, you can add it to a curry, soup or any recipe that have fat, and the turmeric will be easily absorbed and get to work.