Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Loaf
Makes 1 loaf
– 2 cups gluten-free flour mix
– 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
– 2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
– 2 pasture-raised eggs
– 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
– 1 cup coconut sugar
– 3 tablespoons lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
– 1/2 cup unsweetened nut/seed milk
– 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
– Enthusiasm of 2 lemons
– 1 cup grated zucchini
For the glaze:
– 1/8 cup raw honey
– 1/8 cup coconut butter, melted
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– Pinch of Himalayan salt
– First you should preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
– In a small bowl, combine the cashew milk and apple cider vinegar, stir well and permit to sit for 5 minutes
– Combine the spelt flour, poppy seeds, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl
– In a separate large bowl, beat the eggs and add in the melted coconut oil and coconut sugar, blend till equally blended. Add the lemon juice, fermented cashew milk, and lemon zest. Blend once again up until uniformly integrated.
– Squeeze any excess moisture from the zucchini and fold into the damp mix. Add the dry active ingredients to the damp and mix together until well integrated.
– Pour the batter into a greased 9 × 5/ 10 × 4 loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or up until a toothpick comes out tidy.
– In the meantime prepare the glaze; melt the coconut butter and then add to a little bowl, whisk in the raw honey and lemon juice up until velvety and well included.
– After the loaf is baked, include the glaze to the top of the bread while still warm, permit the glaze to set prior to cutting and serving.
– Store leftovers in an airtight container
Keep in mind: Try pairing this with some scrumptious coconut butter, see the picture above!