Are pimples robbing your peace? Well, that will not happen anymore. We bring to you an extensive list of the best natural remedies that can help you to get rid of pimples overnight. You will also get to know a few tips and tricks, the causes of pimples, their types, and everything else that you need to know about pimples.
These are the best 14 natural remedies to remove pimples overnight:
1. Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is a very effective remedy to get rid of pimples because it possesses antibacterial properties, which help in fighting the microscopic organisms and kill bacteria that cause pimples. It works like a solvent, which penetrates through the extra sebum. It unblocks the pores and removes the dead cells. It also helps in reducing the redness and inflammation of pimples.
You need to dilute the tea tree oil before you use. To dilute the tea tree oil, add a drop of oil to 9 drops of water.
Directions to Use Tea Tree Oil for Pimples:
1. Wash your face completely and dry it. Dip a cotton ball in diluted tea tree oil and apply it on the affected area or on the pimple. Wash your face in 15 to 20 minutes.
2. If you want to, you can also take 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel and add a couple of drops in it. Apply it on the pimples with the help of a cotton ball. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash your face.
Note: Tea tree oil should be diluted always before use.
2. Baking soda
Baking soda is an incredibly versatile natural remedy which can be of great help in the treatment of pimples as well. It can also be used in the case of sensitive skin.
Just mix a few drops of water with baking soda to prepare a paste, and apply the paste on a previously washed face. Leave it to dry, but no longer than 30-40 minutes, and then wash it off with warm water. In the end, apply a moisturizing cream.
The toothpaste that you use every morning to clean your teeth also can be used to treat pimples quickly. It is most effective when used following the ice remedy. You must use white toothpaste; avoid using gel toothpaste.
1. Apply some white toothpaste over the affected skin area before going to bed.
2. In the morning, wash your face with water and you will see a significant improvement in the swelling.
If you wish, you can repeat the process in the daytime also. Just make sure the toothpaste remains on the pimples for at least half an hour.
Peppermint is an extremely powerful herb that can help to get rid of pimples fast. The cooling, soothing effect of the menthol display in peppermint helps reduce the irritation and redness caused by pimples. Peppermint possesses antiviral and antibacterial properties likewise help eliminate bacteria that cause pimples.
1. Crush some peppermint leaves to extract the juice.
2. Apply the juice gently on your pimples and leave it on the spot for 10 minutes.
3. Wash your skin with cold water to remove pimples.
If you can’t find fresh peppermint leaves, you can use peppermint oil, which contains various vitamins and vital unsaturated fats. Take two to three drops of peppermint oil and apply it on your pimples. Rub it for a couple of minutes and rinse with water afterwards.
5. Orange peel
According to the Cosmetic Dermatologist Principles and Practice, the acidity and vitamin C in oranges make it a perfect acne and pimple remedy. Initially, wash the face to enlarge the pores, and rub the orange peel on the problematic areas.
Note that you should not use the same peel for all pimples, as it may transmit the infection. After removing the peel, squeeze some orange juice, and soak a cotton ball or swab in it. Apply it on the pimples, and leave it to act for 15-30 minutes.
Then, wash the face with cold water to shrink the pores and prevent further complications. However, if you feel itching or a burning sensation, immediately wash the area.
Cucumber is a rich source of potassium and vitamins, for example, vitamin E, vitamin A and vitamin C. It also has a cooling and soothing effect on the skin. It is one of the best home remedy to cure pimples.
1. Cut one or two fresh cucumbers into pieces and soak them in water for 60 minutes. The supplements, for example, vitamin A, potassium and chlorophyll will exchange to the water.
2. Strain the water and drink it, or utilize the water to wash your face.
You can also prepare a face mask by grinding one cool cucumber. After grinding, make a mask on your face and allow it to dry for 15 to 20 minutes. After getting dry, wash your face with the lukewarm water. This will help in cleaning bacteria and dirt from your pores.
Another quick way to get rid of pimples is the use of lemon juice, which is rich in vitamin C. Lemon juice helps pimples dry up faster. Be sure to use fresh lemon juice and not bottled juice, which has preservatives. There are a couple of ways to apply this remedy.
– Dip a clean cotton swab in fresh lemon juice and apply it to the pimples before going to bed.
– You can also mix one tablespoon of lemon juice with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and put it on the pimples overnight. In the morning, wash the skin well with lukewarm water. However, this particular remedy is not suitable for those with sensitive skin.
Ice can provide immediate relief. You should wrap up an ice in 3D shape in a cloth, and keep it over the pimple for a few minutes. Also, you can fold ice cubes in aluminum foil, and place them in a Ziploc pack. Then, apply it directly on the pimples to quickly get rid of them.
Honey is a very effective remedy that is certainly going to help you get rid of pimples. It is a common antibiotic and kills all the bacteria that cause pimples. Honey also keeps the skin healthy with the help of its hydrating properties.
1. Just apply some honey over your pimples.
2. Let it dry for 60 minutes, or leave it overnight.
3. Then, rinse it off with some water in next morning.
Steaming is wonderful for your skin at any time, but particularly when you have pimples. The steam will open your pores and allow your skin to breathe. This helps get rid of oils, dirt and bacteria trapped in the pores that can cause infection or inflammation.
1. Fill a large container with hot water and allow the steam to come in contact with your face for a few minutes.
2. Rinse your face with lukewarm water and, after drying, apply an oil-free moisturizer.
The antibacterial properties of garlic treat acne and pimples. Yet, it needs to be diluted before use. Extract the juice of a few fresh garlic cloves, and add a few drops of water into it.
You can also mash a few garlic cloves in the water, and leave them to soak for 15 minutes. Then, add some aloe Vera gel to the garlic water, and apply the mixture on the pimples.
12. Cinnamon and honey
This is also an excellent remedy that will help you get rid of your pimples while you sleep.
1. Prepare a paste of mixing equal amount of cinnamon with honey.
2. Cleanse your face before applying the paste on the pimples.
3. Apply the paste on the pimple or the affected area. Have a peaceful and average sleep.
4. Wash your face when you get up in the morning.
Aspirin provides quick effects and effectively treats pimples. You should crush a few tablets and add them to a few drops of water to prepare a paste. Then, apply the paste directly on the pimples, and leave it to act for several minutes.
The potent anti-inflammatory properties of aspirin will treat the inflammation and reduce the swelling. You can also leave the paste on until the next morning, and it can help you shrink the pimple as it will become less noticeable.
14. Green tea
Numerous studies prove that the green tea has shown magical effects on acne and pimples when it’s used externally. There is a theory that it also helps when you consume it. Green tea contains an antioxidant called epigallocatechin-3-gallate or EGCG.
ECGC helps in reducing the sebum production, bacterial growth and inflammation in acne-prone skin, s it actually solves the problems responsible for pimples.
Directions to Use Green Tea:
1. Take several green tea leaves. If you can’t get green tea leaves, then use green tea bags.
2. Take a cup and pour boiling water in it. Let it be cool for 5-10 minutes.
3. In the meanwhile, wash your face and pat dry with a towel.
4. Use a cotton ball to apply the cool green tea water on your face or where you see the breakouts.
5. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then wash your face with water.