There’s nothing like a nice cup of stew on a cold evening, especially when it’s full of nutritious veggies.
Bursting with spicy, flavorful, and healthful spices, a yummy stew can be enjoyed for any meal. Eat it with rice or bread at lunch or for dinner and enjoy the leftovers for breakfast by placing it in a cast iron pan with a few cracked eggs and bake for 10 minutes or so at 425°F.
For extra protein, add a bit of chicken, tofu, or beans into the mix.
– 2 tablespoons coconut oil
– 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 1 medium onion, finely chopped
– 3 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
– 1 medium head cauliflower, stemmed and cut into bite-size florets
– 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, chopped
– 1 cup chopped kale
– 2 teaspoons ginger paste
– 1 tablespoon cumin powder
– 1 tablespoon coriander powder
– 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1 can full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk
– 1 teaspoon sea salt
– 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
In a medium stock pot, heat the coconut oil for 30 seconds on medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and stir for a while. Then add the onions and cook one more minute. Then, add the tomatoes too, stir and cook for a couple of more minutes until the tomatoes soften.
Then add the rest of the ingredients and stir all together. Cover the pan and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to keep from burning.
Serving the soup in bowls and enjoy!