You probably have at least one box of baking soda in your home right now. If you’re like many Americans, you probably use it for cleaning or baking. However, did you know that baking soda can be used for health purposes?
Sodium Bicarbonate (NaHCO3) commonly called baking soda is a natural substance used in the human body within the bloodstream to regulate pH as a counterbalance to acid build up, which is critical to life. It affects the pH of cells and tissues, balances cell voltage, and increases CO2 which helps with oxygenation. Sodium Bicarbonate is a powerful medical tool that everyone would benefit by knowing more about.
Let’s look at a more detailed analysis of some of the best benefits of baking soda:
– It neutralizes stomach acid – You can easily restore your pH balance by drinking a mixture of ½ tsp of baking soda and a cup of water. In most cases, the body turns acidic due to an unhealthy diet, however, baking soda can successfully help you neutralize this acidity and make your organism more alkaline.
Otto Warburg, a distinguished doctor and Noble prize winner found that cancer cells are unable to thrive in an alkaline surrounding, they need an acidic body. Therefore, keeping your body alkaline is crucial if you want to stay healthy.
– Relieve Heartburn – Heartburn is usually the result of acid buildup in the stomach, according to WebMD. When this acid goes up the esophagus, a person experiences a burning sensation, a discomfort known as heartburn. Baking soda, which effectively neutralizes the acid at the source, can provide immediate relief.
– Relieve Gout Pain – Gout is joint inflammation caused by uric acid buildup in the body. You can effectively deal with it drinking a sodium bicarbonate water mixture as this prevents acid accumulation in the body.
– Reduce Symptoms of Cold and Flu – Baking soda can destroy the virus completely if it’s take in the early stages of the infection. At day 1 of the infection, you need to drink 6 doses of ½ tsp of baking soda mixed with cool water, every 2 hours. Next, on day 2 of the infection, drink 4 doses of the mixture, every 3 hours; on day 3 drink 2 doses of the mixture, in the morning and at night, and, on day 4, drink 1 dose until the symptoms go away.
– Kidney Disease – Bicarbonate is an alkaline substance naturally produced in the body that buffers acids and helps keep pH in check. In people who have chronic kidney disease, which is most often caused by diabetes or hypertension, poorly functioning kidneys have a hard time removing acid from the body. This often results in a condition known as metabolic acidosis.
– Cancer – Studies have shown that dietary measures to boost bicarbonate levels can increase the pH of acidic tumors without upsetting the pH of the blood and healthy tissues.
– Improve Physical Performance – Among other things, baking soda water can also improve physical performance because the alkalinity of the sodium bicarbonate reduces the levels of lactic acid produced by the muscles, thus allowing harder and longer training.
This is a Test for Low-stomach-acid
Here’s what you need to know – well, the stomach produces hydrochloric acid, or HCL, as an aid to digestion. HCL is needed to break down proteins into essential amino acids, motivate the pancreas and prevent disease by killing harmful bacteria. Low HCL can cause a variety of gastric problems including heartburn, indigestion, constipation and bloating.
Note: to test your stomach acid levels, there are methods you can try at home. The most accurate methods, however, involve laboratory tests ordered by your physician. Conduct an at-home test to see if your HCL is low. Mix 1/4 tsp. of baking soda in an 8 oz. glass of cold water. Drink the baking soda and water mixture first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything. Time how long it takes to belch after drinking the mixture. You should belch within 2 to 3 minutes if your HCL is adequate.