The favorite cake in no way would it be so delicious if the cake shop forget to put sugar in it, and the morning coffee would not brought you sweet start to the day if you don’t dissolve at least a few sugar crystals in it. No one can dispute that the sugar has sweetened our life, but he does not have to make sweet wonders in the kitchen for us to be useful. Here are some unusual uses of the most popular white sweetener:
1. For lasting lipstick on her lips. You are irritated when every time you need to fix your lipstick on the lips? After applying the lipstick, put on the lips a little sugar and let stand 1-2 minutes, then lick it. Sugar will fix your lipstick to stay on the lips for a while.
2. As a homemade body scrub. Sugar is an excellent exfoliator, which means you do not have to spend money on expensive peeling to remove the layer of dead skin cells. Simply make a paste of ½ cup sugar and ¼ cup almond or olive oil. Gently rub the skin with circular motions, then shower as usual. The effect is noticeable immediately.
3. For longer life of the flowers in a vase. Flowers in a vase is a refreshing detail that beautifies the home, but unfortunately, they never last long. To keep flowers fresher, in the water in the vase dissolve one teaspoon of sugar. Or, add 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a liter of water and place the bouquet in this solution. Sugar nurture the stem of the flower, vinegar inhibits the multiplication of bacteria, and you will have a bouquet to which you’ll be delighting long time.
4. Removes green grass stains on clothing. Your hair rises up when you see that the children didn’t heed again and made new jeans with green spots? Make a paste of hot water and sugar and apply it on the grass stains. Allow it to stand for one hour, then wash the clothes as usual.
5. Softens lips. Make a paste of sugar and olive oil and apply it on the lips. Wait 30 seconds, gently massage, then remove the paste with a wet cloth. You get perfect soft lips ready for make-up (and kissing, of course).
6. Soothes the pain of the tongue caused by chili or hot dishes. Consuming too chili or hot food can hurt. To restrain the pain swallow a teaspoon of sugar or lick a sugar cube. It is sufficient to hold the sugar in the mouth without swallowing. If the pain is caused by chili food, milk also may help.
7. Clean greasy and dirty hands. Your husband returned from the garage with black greasy hands? Place sugar in his hands and a little cooking oil. Crystals of sugar have an abrasive effect, so grease and dirt will quickly disappear.
8. It acts as a natural hair remover. With sugar you can make sugar wax that will grant you a smooth and tender feet. In a saucepan, mix 2 cups sugar, ¼ cup water and ¼ cup lemon juice and cook until the mixture does not get the color of honey. Use the mixture as a standard hot wax epilation or sugar paste.
9. For cleaning the machine for grinding. Machines for grinding coffee or spices absorb oils that have a strong aroma. Sugar can help because it absorbs oils and odors. To refresh the machine, put ½ cup sugar and minced 2 minutes. Finally wipe with a wet cloth.
10. For better storage of cakes and biscuits. Want the cake and biscuits to stay “fresh” for longer time? In the closed box in which you keep them, put a few sugar cubes. Sugar absorbs moisture.
11. Soothes hiccups. You can not stop with the hiccups? Swallow a teaspoon of sugar and say goodbye to boring and irritating hiccups.