High temperatures are normally dangerous, and it is advisable to seek medical attention if you reach at least 104 F.
In the case of high temperature, many of us turn to various drugs that lower temperature, oblivious of their negative side effects.
You should realize that natural remedies are usually the safest and the best.
To begin with, you should bathe in water that is 1-2 degrees less than the normal body temperature.
You need to do this gradually and moderately so as to avoid additional shock to the body.
Fever may also increase dehydration. Hence you should take plenty of fluids, like water, light vegetable soup, natural teas, and juices.
Here are a few natural remedies that can help you with this:
Apple cider vinegar
– Prepare wraps using water with organic apple cider vinegar (in the ratio of 2/3 water and 1/3 vinegar) . Placed them on the forehead, wrists, feet …
– In addition to the wraps, it is often recommended to apple vinegar on socks, slide them to feet and wrapped a towel. When the lining becomes warm, replace it with a new one.
– Mix 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of honey in a glass of water. Drink 2-3 times a day.
Prepare wraps with raw potatoes and use them to “draw” your body temperature.
– Wash a large potato and don’t peel it. Cut the potato into slices and then put the slices on your feet before sliding the socks over. You can replace the slices with new ones once they’re dry. You can also place the wraps on your palms and forehead.
– Separate the egg white from two eggs and then pour them on a towel. Wrap your feet using the towel such that the egg white is in contact with your feet soles. Cover them with foil to prevent leaking and then put on socks. Leave it thus until it becomes warm.
It helps with high temperature as it promotes sweating and elimination of toxins from the body, and also has antiviral and antibacterial properties.
– Take 2 large cloves of organic garlic and peel, mash, and mix with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Gently heat the mixture and apply to the soles of the feet. Wrap the feet with gauze or cloth and leave overnight.
– Peel and chop 1 clove of organic garlic, put in a cup and pour hot water. Leave it for 10 minutes, then drain and slowly sip. Recommended twice daily.
– Mix chopped onion with some olive oil and sea salt. Apply the mixture on your feet soles and then wrap with cloth or gauze. Consider replacing it when it gets warm.
– You can use cabbage leaves to reduce temperature by placing them on your forehead, head, or neck. You can replace them with new ones when warm.
– Put 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated organic ginger in a cup of boiling water and leave for 10 minutes. Sweeten with honey. Drink tea 2-3 times a day.
– Fill the tub with warm water, add 2 tablespoons ginger powder and stir well. Bath for 10 minutes, then it is best to go to bed. Ginger will stimulate sweating and reduce fever.
The phytochemicals in raisins have potent anti-inflammatory activity and act as an energizing tonic when you have a fever.
– Dip 25 raisins in half a cup of water. Leave them for about one hour to soften before mashing them. Drain the fluid and drink it twice a day. You can also add lime or half squeezed lemon.
Teas of basil, sage, lime, elderflower, chamomiHotle, yarrow, mint, borage, safflower, thyme, parsley, marjoram, oregano and mustard are also beneficial for lowering body temperature.
Hot foods like chilli and red peppers contain capsaicin, which is a substance that stimulates sweating and regulates body temperature.
Willow, birch, and almond extracts can be used in reducing body temperature as the plants contain a natural aspirin known as salicin.