Store-bought butter is not healthy, because it is made from pasteurized milk. Have you ever thought of making your own butter?
The butter prepared in home conditions is organic, healthy and packed with vitamins and minerals contained in raw milk. It is rich in vitamin A, essential for our eyes, skin, tissues, membranes and teeth. It also plays an important role in gene transcription.
The homemade organic butter mostly contains fatty acids, powerful enough to protect against cancer.
How to Make Organic Butter
– 2 cups organic heavy cream
– sea salt, to taste
– Put the cream in a food processor and process for about 10 minute. The method can be slightly longer if you want to do it in 5 min or less, watch the video below. You should get a thick whipped cream.
– Continue processing until it gets grainy and separate into butter and butter milk. Drain the buttermilk from butter.
– Scrape the butter from the sides and transfer it in a clean bowl. Put the butter in a colander and strain off the buttermilk.
– Wash the butter with cold water, gently turning the butter with a spoon while the cold water runs over it until the water runs clear.
– Then, squeeze more liquid from the butter with wooden paddles or spoon to smash the butter and pour off liquid.
– Store it in a jar or bowl, and keep it in your fridge or freezer. This homemade organic butter has a shelf life of several months.
Feel free to be creative and create amazing compound butter for your kids. Here are some combinations with unsalted butter:
– Grated ginger and sesame oil
– Snipped fresh cilantro, lime zest, and Sriracha, or hot sauce
– Coarsely ground black pepper and sea salt
– Orange zest, chopped fresh, or dried cranberries and snipped fresh sage
– Chopped pecans and
– Lemon zest and snipped parsley
– Snipped fresh Thai basil, chopped garlic, and chopped, drained, pickled ginger
– Crumbled feta cheese and chopped kalamata olives
– Grated Parmesan cheese and snipped fresh basil
– Orange zest, maple syrup, and blueberries