You’ll need one small box of jello for each color you want. So in this case, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. And one large tub of cool whip.
- Prepare purple (or whatever color you want on the bottom) jello as directed, using the “quick chill” method, meaning add some ice.
- Pour jello into glasses, (or a 9′x13′ baking dish sprayed lightly with cooking spray), reserving about 1/3 of the liquid jello.
- Put glasses or dish in the refrigerator and chill for 15-30 minutes, or until slightly set. Mix about 1/3 cup of cool whip into the remaining purple jello. Pour the jello/cool whip mixture on top of the slightly set purple jello already in the glasses (or dish).
- Repeat process for each color.
- Once set, top with some additional cool whip and sprinkles if desired.