Coconut oil has existed and is used as healthy product almost forever, but it used to have bad track record. Coconut oil was identified unhealthy due to its content of hydrogenated fat which is more than 90%. Nevertheless, the fat in coconut oil is helpful and abundant in nutrients, has antioxidant properties and aids the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins.
Coconut oil is likewise used as a skin moisturizer and as a hair product. Using coconut oil countless, nonetheless in this text you can check out 101 coconut uses.
Body and Skincare
1. Skin Moisturizer. Usage coconut oil rather of your regular cream. You will soon feel its recovery and rejuvenating powers.
2.Face mask. Make your own mask. Mix a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of coconut oil. Apply on your face and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes. Wash your confront with water later on.
3. Reduces wrinkles. Applying coconut oil on your wrinkles will enhance the texture, soften your skin and rehydrate it.
4. Puffy eyes. Using some coconut oil around your eyes before bed will reduce puffiness.
5. Conditioner. Put 2 teaspoons of coconut oil in a container (little). Place the container into a bowl with water that is warmer than 76 degrees and the oil will soften. Use it to wet hair and rub it well. Comb your hair to spread out the oil. Leave it work for an hour then shampoo your hair and remove the oil.
6. Against dandruff.Use the oil in the same way as explained for a conditioner above.
7. Triggers hair growth. If utilized on an everyday basis coconut oil lowers damage and reinforces the hair.
8. Safeguards the hair from the Sun. Apply some coconut oil on your hair in the early morning to secure it from the sun.
9. Detangles hair. Apply some coconut oil on a wet hair and few minutes later on comb your hair.
10. Shaving cream. Coconut oil makes the hairs straight and this is particularly beneficial for those with dry skin.
11. Aftershave. It heals the skin from razor burn and relieves it as well.
12. Lip balm. It dampens broken or dry lips. It likewise protects from sun issue.
13. Body scrub. Take a half cup of coconut oil and melt it. Mix it with 2 or 4 tablespoons of sugar (brown or white) and pour it into soap molds or muffin tins. Store it in the fridge so that it can solidify and after that separate it from the moderate. Use this to scrub your body. Wash your body afterwards.
14. Exfoliates the face. Make a mixture of baking soda and coconut oil in a ratio of 1:1 and use ion the face. This will clean your skin from dead skin cells and any dirt.
15. Exfoliates the feet. Mix coconut oil and sea salt in a ratio of 1:2 and scrub your feet’s soles with it.
16. Exfoliates the lips. Make a mixture of 2 teaspoons of sugar (white or brown) and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to soften your lips.
17. Gets rid of makeup. Use some coconut oil on your face. Massage it gently and then wash your face. It will remove your comprise without annoying your eyes or skin.
18. Highlights cheekbones. Use some coconut oil on your cheekbones and highlight them.
19. Lotion. Mix a cup of each beeswax, shea butter and coconut oil in a mason jar with cover and put it in a saucepan with water and boil it until they melt. Include a teaspoon of vitamin E oil after you remove the container for the water. Stir up until the oils are combined and then pour the oils into molds. Let them dry and eliminate them from the molds.
20. Antiperspirant. Put 1/2 cup of each beeswax, shea butter and coconut oil in a mason container. Put it in hot water and melt it. After it is melt add 1/2 cup of arrowroot powder, three tablespoons of baking soda and one teaspoon of Vitamin E oil. Put into molds and let it cool.
21. Massage oil. Its anti-oxidants and hydrating powers are great for the muscles.
22. Softens the elbows.Rub some oil on your dry or split elbows.
23. For broken heels. Routine use of coconut oil prevents cracked heels.
24. Treatment for nails and cuticles. Rub some oil on your cuticles every night prior to going to sleep.
25. Reduces stretch marks. Regular usage of this oil can lower stretch marks.
26. Clean your mascara brush. Soak your brush in coconut oil and clean it.
27. Eyelash enhancer. Apply some coconut oil and boost your eyelashes.
28. Removes wax from the skin.
29. Lube. Use it as a lube however be cautious not to utilize it with condoms.
30. Minimizes varicose veins. Coconut oil decreases varicose veins.
31. Reduces cellulite. Apply this oil on the bothersome location and you will observe enhancements.
32. Bath oil. Heat one cup of coconut oil and remove it from the heat 2 minutes later on. Include 15 drops of some important oil. Stir it well and pour into molds. When it cools put one mold in the water and permit it to liquify.
33. Tattoo moisturizer. Use some coconut oil on your tattoo.
Food, Drink and Cooking
34. Cooking oil. This oil withstands higher temperature compared to every other oil.
35. Grease pans.
36. Coffee or tea creamer. You need to blend 2 cups of hot coffee, 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
37. Sweetener. Use this oil as a replacement for sugar.
38. Butter replacement. Coconut oil is the healthier alternative.
39. Smoothies. Blend together 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, ½ cup strawberries, 1 tablespoon of powdered cocoa, ½ teaspoon vanilla, 2 tablespoons powdered gelatin, ¼ coconut oil and 2 cups of coconut milk.
40. Salad dressing.
41. Mayonnaise. Mix four egg yolks, 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice, one teaspoon of mustard and 2/3 cup of olive oil and 2/3 cup of coconut oil.
42. Prevents freezer burn.
43. Preserves eggs. Coat the eggshell with coconut oil to preserve the eggs.
44. Popcorn topping.
45. Removes greasy food from dishes.
Health and Home Remedies
46. Fights inflammation. It has capric acid and lauric acid and they reduce inflammation.
47. Heals wounds and cuts.
48. Promotes weight loss.
49. Controls the appetite. A spoonful of coconut oil prior every meal will reduce your appetite.
50. Freshens the breath. It has antibacterial properties that kill mouth bacteria responsible for bad breath.
52. Increases energy. It has medium-chain triglycerides which provide your body with energy.
53. Improves the immune system.
54. Improves blood circulation.
55. Supports the thyroid function.
56. Relieves constipation.
57. Improves the bones’ health.
58. Combats arthritis. Coconut oil has anti-inflammatory properties.
59. As a treatment for yeast and fungal infections.
60. As a treatment for hemorrhoids.
61. As a treatment for Athlete’s foot.
62. As a treatment for toenail fungus.
63. Reduces the cholesterol levels.
64. Prevents cold sores.
65. Soothes sore throat pain.
66. Treats cough.
67. Repels insects.
68. Helps with bug bites.
69.Soothes the swelling and pain of a bee sting.
70. Soothes sunburn
71. Relieves eczema
72. Relieves poison ivy itch.
73. Relieves chicken pox itch.
74. Offers relief from acid reflux/heartburn.
75. Soothes toothache.
76. Can be used as a toothpaste.
78. Removes the wax from ears
79. Eliminates moles and warts.
80. Fight allergies
81. As a treatment for an ear infection
82. Prevents nose bleed.
83. Prevents the occurrence of lice.
Pregnancy and Infant Care
84. As a cream for nipples.
85. Boost the nursing.
86. Prevents morning sickness
87. Prevents or reduces tears to the perineum.
88. As a moisturizer for a baby skin.
89. Prevents diaper rush.
For Fixing Things around the Home
90. As a rust remover
91. Helps to unstuck a zipper.
92. Removes gum form shoes, carpet or hair.
93. As a lubricant for kitchen appliances.
94. Polishes the furniture
95. For fixing squeaky hinges.
96. It can make your plants shiny.
97. Eliminates soap scum
98. Makes the leather shinier
99. Cleans the leather.
100. It can help you remove a ring.
101. Removes snow from shovels.