Gelatin mostly contains amino acids like proline and glycine. They can be found in bones, fibrous tissues, animal organs. But we do not consume them in appropriate amounts. But these amino acids are much needed for every aspect of body health, from skin, nails and teeth to improving immunity and diet.
The amino acid glycine, take up 1/3 of the gelatin powder and has anti-inflammatory uses and it helps with faster wound healing as well as help you have better sleep quality.
The Big Question – Why Do Sick People in Hospital Are Given Jello?
Jello is commonly used in dietary of people who are in the hospital. What is the reason behind this? The answer is because it is considered as a “clear liquid” similar to broth, juice water and tea. Which means it is one the easiest food your body can digest. This is the reason hospital use it a lot to help the recovery process of patients, because their stomachs are unable to handle anything rich.
The stomach need to get calories that would not make the body distress. And jello is the best solution for this because it has sugar which means it can provide calories to human body. Other than the liquid diet reason, Jello can get through your system easily. When you are in the recovery process, consuming something that is easy to digest is good for your body.
Another reason is that they make so much of it every day for all those liquid diet people that they just give it out to everyone since they have so much left over.
Gelatin can also improve gut integrity and digestive strength by enhancing gastric acid secretion and restoring a healthy mucosal lining in the stomach; low stomach acid and an impaired gut barrier are two common digestive problems in our modern society. Gelatin also absorbs water and helps keep fluid in the digestive tract, promoting good intestinal transit and healthy bowel movements.
Gelatin – Health Benefits
– It’s rich in proteins – just one tablespoon of it contains 6 grams of protein so if you want to add more proteins in your diet this could be your ideal choice.
– It improves digestion – gelatin naturally binds to water and helps food move through the digestive tract more easily.
– It improves bone and joint health – it’s rich in amino acids which are essential for strengthening the cartilage in joints
– It can help with food allergies and intolerances – it can heal the lining of your stomach and digestive tract.
– It helps you flush out the toxins – thanks to the high amount of glycine it contains, gelatin helps your liver flush out the toxins out of your system
– It improves hair, nails and teeth quality – it contains keratin which is a very important protein when it comes to hair, nails and teeth health.
– It gives your skin more elasticity – in case you didn’t know gelatin is essentially cooked down collagen. Consuming it will help improve your skin quality much more effectively then hard- to- absorb collagen facial creams
– It helps your wounds heal faster – as we already said, it contains glycine, which has strong anti-inflammatory and healing properties.
– It helps you sleep better – according to a recent study gelatin not only improves your sleep quality but regular consumption can also help you shake off the drowsiness and improve your cognitive function.
– It promotes weight loss – according to experts, gelatin stimulates the production of the human growth hormone and boosts metabolism.
Recipe of Delicious Homemade Jelly:
Here are the ingredients you need:
– 1 Cup of grape juice or fresh strawberries
– 1 Cup orange juice (freshly squeezed)
– 1 Cup of green tea
– 3 Tablespoons plain gelatin
– Honey or stevia
Cook the green tea and then add the stevia or honey. Then add the unflavored gelatin and mix it altogether until they soften. Then let it cool on the side. After it’s cooled add the grape and orange juice and mix well again. Put the final mixture in a container and leave it in a refrigerator for more than 3 hours. After that you can take this jelly every day.