Asthma is a serious health condition which comes as a result of the thickening of the bronchial tubes and a chronic inflammation which can lead to suffocation. In most cases, people with asthma are allergic and sensitive, so whenever their lungs are irritated, their muscles tighten and produce phlegm in the throat. Asthma attacks are most often followed by coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath.
People with asthma use an inhaler, a medical device which helps them breathe the medicine straight into the lungs where it is needed. However, inhalers are a potential risk for additional health issues, as they contain many chemicals which are detrimental from the lungs. Interestingly, some people have managed to cure asthma by reducing the use of inhalers.
So, you need to know which foods are allowed and recommended for consumption and which should be avoided.
To make it easier to regulate the amount of healthy foods above, below is the recommended dose or the portion to be consumed by people with asthma.
Hence, this article will reveal some extremely important suggestions that will make it easier for you to combine the needed foods and help your condition.
The following are our suggestions for portions that will be beneficial for your condition:
– ¼ pineapple+ 1 cucumber+ 2 capsicums (yellow/red)+ ½ bunch watercress+ ½ lemon
– 1 cucumber+ 2 medium-sized beetroots+ 3 sticks lemongrass+ ½ lemon
– 2 green apples+ 6 ribs celery+ a bunch of spinach+ a bunch of parsley+ ¼ lemon
– ¼ pineapple+ 1 fennel+ 8-10 leaves of kale+ 3-4 radish(pungent)+ ½ lemon
– 2 cups of strawberries+ 1 cup cranberries+ 1 pomegranate
– 1 oz(1 shot) wheatgrass juice+ a squeeze of lemon juice.
On the other hand, in order to prevent future asthma attacks, you need to avoid these foods:
– Vegetable oil like corn, sunflower, safflower (can cause inflammation)
– Soft drinks and alcohol
– Animal products like eggs, cow milk, dairy, meat( beef, pork, mutton, chicken and fish)
– Sodium and monosodium glutamate ( as they can increase the constriction of the bronchial tubes that the histamine causes)
Therefore, in order to help yourself and restore your health, you need to follow these rules and keep your diet healthy. There is no doubt that these small diet changes can make a huge difference in the case of asthma!