Himalayan salt is one of the most valuable food additives, as it is the healthiest, purest salts.
It originates from the Himalayan caves and is old more than 250 million years. Even nowadays, it is manually removed from caves, and washed afterward.
In Korea it was used as exchange, in ancient Rome, soldiers were paid by salt. So it’s clear that it was one of the most important and precious ingredients in ancient times.
Unlike common salt, it does not increase the amount of sodium and potassium in your blood and is easily digested and maintains normal blood pressure. So let’s see the various amazing properties this powerful salt:
Himalayan salt- composition
For maintaining the proper electrolyte concentration in balance, sodium is essential nutritive element. It also helps in regulating blood pressure as well as normal muscle function. It is rich in 84 components that are also found in human body so it provides the body with all the important vitamins and minerals.
These minerals in the Himalayan salt are easily digested because they are too small. Because of its specific molecular structure rich in iron, calcium, magnesium and sodium it keeps our cells healthy.
Originated in Himalayan caves where is still obtained with manual removal after which is washed, this salt is old more than 250 million years.
Himalayan salt contains even 84 components present in the human body, so it provides numerous important vitamins and minerals. Since they are really small, the minerals in it are easily digested, and its high amounts of sodium, magnesium, iron and calcium boost our health.
Due to its innumerate health benefits, it is also known as white gold, and they are listed below:
– It normalizes the digestive processes and metabolism
– Improves blood circulation and promotes heart health
– Purifies and detoxifies the blood
– Regulates blood sugar level and prevents diabetes
– Regulating the level of electrolytes and water in the body
– Regulating the level of electrolytes and water in the body
– It can be used for inhalation in the treatments of asthma, sore throat, sinus problems, bronchitis
– Treats issues of the respiratory tract, especially the sinuses
– Prevents muscle cramps
– Regenerates brain cells and improves concentration and sleep
– Strengthens the bones, particularly in children
– Balances the pH of the cells
– Supports the function of the liver and kidneys
– Prevents dehydration of the organism and it is easily absorbed
– Enhances mood provides energy and promotes positive thinking
– Prevents aging
– It causes no negative effects on the body organs, like stomach or kidneys.
Its addition to meals provides a delicious flavor. Also, make sure you keep Himalayan salt lamp near your computer or TV, as it has the power to reduce the harmful electromagnetic radiation.
Since our biggest body organ, the skin, is related to the health of all internal organs, a nice, warm, Himalayan salt bath will provide multiple benefits. The skin will absorb all the minerals, stabilize the bio-points, and you will be full of energy.
Uses of Himalayan Salt Bath
Himalayan salt can be an important part of your bathroom. It can easily be absorbed by skin which is the biggest organ in our body. It reflects the health of our inner body parts and Himalayan salts maintain the energy flow in our body.
Saline Baths with Himalayan salts helps us in following ways:
– Various diseases of the skin.
– Insect wounds, bites and blisters.
– In skin irritations, rheumatism and diseases of the joints.
– In post operative recovery and various gynaecological problems.
Detoxification with Himalayan salt is as good as 3 days of fasting. In order to get full benefits of Himalayan salt bath we need to maintain an amount of 30 gm of salt in 3 litres of water. It is same as in our body.
An average bathtub holds about 100 to 120 litres of water and so salt required for the bath is around 120gms. The water needs to be at 37 degrees. And when you are using bath with Himalayan salt it should last for half an hour and don’t use any soap or oil. After the bath rub with a clean towel and take a rest for 40 minutes.
Where to buy Himalayan Salt
Average price goes from 1 to 3 dollars depending on its weight and packing. It can be found in almost every health food store, herbal pharmacies and online.
Using Himalayan Bath Soap
Himalayan salt soap is made of 100% crustal salt and some other supplements. It can be used as deodorant, against cellulite, herpes and is especially beneficial for dry skin.
At the beginning you may feel tingling because the skin is irritated but it is nothing serious and will stop after a few minutes. The tingling sensation is caused by skin detox. There is no need to use creams and other soaps if you start using Himalayan salt soap.
Himalayan Salt in Treatment of Acne
You can use Himalayan Salt for treating acne, skin rashes and other skin problems. It is recommended that in the morning make a solution of 3 litres of water and 100 grams of salt. It is left to cool and used in the day. Before you start make sure you exfoliated your skin.
Himalayan salt is mixed with essential and base oils of your choice and then use to gently rub and peel your skin. The rubbing needs to be gentle so the oil and salt are absorbed and treat your skin from inside.
Then comes expansion of pores so that salt minerals are absorbed in larger amounts and warms the body. The result you get after the treatment is soft and smooth skin. Exfoliation can be done once or twice a week but face needs to be washed every day to keep your skin healthy.
Recipes of Himalayan Salt
Himalayan salt is also very beneficial for other health issues, as follows:
– For an ear infection, use the same saline solution.
– To treat nausea due to traveling, soak a cloth in this salt and place it around the neck.
– To treat a sore throat, gargle with saline solution, but you should not swallow it.
– To treat foot fungus, soak the feet in a saline solution.
Furthermore, Himalayan salt lamps are a must for every home, as they are extremely useful and their light is much healthier that the one of common lamps.
These lamps treat asthma, depression, seasonal allergies, chronic fatigue, and are highly valued by the Feng-Shui art. You should place the lamp in the bedroom, office, or in the children’s room.
The salt crystals emit negative ions which are heated, and naturally, cleanse the air and promote overall health. These lamps last forever, and can be bought online for around 20 dollars.