Skin icing is one of the most popular modern beauty rituals and it contributes to better looking skin. Beauty experts have long used this therapy in spas and skin care treatments, thanks to its wide range of benefits.
Health experts believe that skin icing is able to:
– Refresh the face
– Prevent the formation of wrinkles
– Fight acne and blemishes
– Improve blood circulation and give the skin a healthy complexion
– We have listed more benefits provided by this morning and evening ritual:
1. Smoother Skin
Extra sebum and debris widen the skin pores. Skin icing is able to tighten and diminish the widen pores by unblocking the pores that look bigger due to the extra sebum. This treatment softens the skin and provides it with fresher and healthier look.
2. Pore Primer
Skin icing is a cheap skin toner and works great when applied before makeup. It minimizes the pores underneath the makeup, and the foundation looks smooth and flawless. Try icing your face and then apply your primer.
3. Improves Circulation
Skin icing increases the blood circulation by constricting the blood vessels and less blood goes to the skin surface. This is a great solution for inflammation and swelling.
4. Great for Puffy Eyes
If you have a problem with dark circles under the eyes you can use a mixture of frozen water with cucumber juice to eliminate them. Dark circles can be caused by a number of reasons, but whatever the reason, this technique will help you eliminate the puffiness.
5. Wrinkle Buster
Icing eases the signs of wrinkles and slows the creation of new wrinkles.
6. Control Blemishes
Skin icing reduces swelling and redness, so it is great for pimples. The ice also soothes irritation.
Apply the skin icing technique once you notice a new pimple and it will slow the inflammation. This will help you reduce the size and number of blemishes. Hold an ice cube on the acne for several seconds, or until it feels a little numb. Repeat the technique every other night.
Skin icing does not require any special effort. Do it in the morning and/or evening. Follow these instructions:
1. First, cleanse your face thoroughly.
2. Wrap one or two ice cubes in a gauze or any other kind of soft cloth.
3. When the ice starts melting and dampens the cloth, apply it to the face.
4. Hold it on different areas on the face for 1-2 minutes.
5. Move the ice gently using circular movements. Go up along the chin and the jaw line, up the cheeks, and along the forehead and nose. Take special care for the area underneath your eyes.
6. Finish with toner, acne treatment or moisturizer.
– If you do the procedure without covering the ice cubes, you should wear gloves because you will not be able to hold the ice for long with bare hands.
– If you cannot use ice directly on the skin, the same effect can be achieved with holding the cubes with a soft cloth.
– If you intend to use the ice without envelop, don’t place it straight from the freezer because it can break the capillaries beneath the skin.
– You should elude using ice if you already have broken capillaries, and if you still intend to use it, don’t use it for too long.
– 15 minutes will be enough for the icing.
– If you wish to have better results you can add lemon, green tea, chamomile, cucumber, rose water or any herb by your choice.