The standard American diet wreaks havoc on our organism and we continue to ignore the fact that processed foods, fast food, GMOs and sugars destroy our body day in day out. The food is not just unhealthy and damaging to our overall health, it’s also disrupting our pH balance which is very dangerous.
Our body should be alkaline, but we do the opposite and make it acidic. Acidic pH values have an effect on the immune function and make it more easy for ailments to attack the body.
In order to consume healthy foods, you don’t need to be sick. You already know that eating healthy is really important for your wellbeing.
We are going to offer you some alkaline foods you should frequently consume:
1. Swiss Chard
Swiss chard is one of the best alkaline foods which also has the ability to protect your organism from viruses and bacteria and fight off the free radicals in your body.
In case you didn’t know melon is an excellent colon cleanser which in addition to its 8.5 pH level makes it a superfood you must include in your diet. Any kind of melon will do fine. Watermelon is also very beneficial because it’s rich in fibers and contains 92% water.
Buckwheat will keep you full throughout the day and will improve the energy. You should consume more buckwheat to strengthen your heart and maintain optimal cardiovascular function.
4. Olive oil
Olive oil is rich in vitamin E and monounsaturated fatty acids than any other food.
5. Flax Seed
Flax seed is full of vitamin E, fiber and is highly alkaline. Its powerful anti-inflammatory properties reduce hot flashes in menopausal women.
Other Alkaline Foods
– Avocados are rich in healthy monounsaturated fats that strengthen the heart
– Bananas are an excellent superfood
– Berries are rich in antioxidants
– Carrots contain beta-carotene, known for its ability to improve vision
– Garlic can regulate blood pressure
– Broccoli decreases cholesterol
– Grapes are high in multivitamins and antioxidants, and they are great for patients with hypertension
– Pineapple helps with weight loss
– Alfalfa sprouts are easy to digest and come packed with enzymes that provide normal hormonal balance
– Lemons are one of the most amazing alkaline food. The citrus fruit also helps with colds, cough and flu relief.
– Brussels sprouts provide strong anti-cancer potential
– Sauerkraut and other fermented foods are the probiotics you should add to your diet
– Cauliflower is an excellent substitute of bread
– Grapefruit is a great source of vitamin A and C
– Seaweeds are high in iron and decrease acidity
– Quinoa regulates blood sugar
– Cucumber is 90% water, and it keeps your skin healthy and youthful
– Parsley detoxifies intestines
– Mango is excellent for cleansing the colon.
– Spinach is the ultimate veggie that contains tons of vitamins
– Oranges protect against colds
– Papaya is a natural laxative and it keeps your colon clean.