Acne develop due to bacteria, oil reproduction, dead skin cells, and clogged pores and there are factors which can make it worse like hormones, diet, stress, and some meds. They are hard to treat, thus it makes people frustrated. However, if they are not treated, permanent scar and dark spots can appear.
Many of the products on the market help, but after some time acne reappear. Some of them are too expensive, while some don’t even help. Good news, there is! Instead of throwing the peel away the next time you snack on a banana, you might want to keep it and use it as a natural acne-destroyer.
Here’s why banana peels work:
– It works as a natural exfoliate for removing pore toxins;
– It is high in manganese, iron, and zinc that assist in calming the inflamed skin;
– The peel is packed with vitamins A, B, C, and E that contribute to healthy skin;
– It is antiseptic, e. is able to prevent bacterial infections that cause acne;
– Banana peel is packed with antioxidants which fight germs which cause acne;
– The starch they contain help in drying out the excess oil clogged in the pores;
– The enzymes in banana peel hydrate the skin, heal scars, and prevent new acne from forming.
Try one of these six banana peel methods to help clear up your acne and reveal more smooth, clear and radiant skin:
1. Banana Peel
1. Wash your skin with cool water and a milk cleanser, then pat dry with a clean towel.
2. Eat a banana then cut the peel into small pieces.
3. Another great method is to massage skin with the inside of the banana peel for 10 minutes.
4. If a piece turns brown, discard it and start with a fresh piece.
5. Wait 20 minutes for skin to absorb nutrients.
6. Repeat the process 2-3 times a day.
2. Banana Peel with Oats
Oats are excellent skin exfoliants!
1. Blend one banana peel, three tablespoons of sugar, and half a cup of oatmeal.
2. Blend until you get a smooth paste.
3. Apply the paste on the affected skin with gentle massage. Allow it to stay for about ten minutes.
4. Then wash it off with warm water, and pat it dry.
5. Finally, apply oil-free moisturizer.
6. Repeat daily to get rid of acne.
3. Banana Peel Turmeric Scrub
Turmeric is a natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory that can reduce swelling and redness, while working to kill the germs that cause acne.
1. Mash a banana peel into a thick paste.
2. Mix equal parts mashed banana peel and turmeric powder.
3. Add water and stir until you create a fine paste.
4. Massage onto skin as a spot treatment and leave on for 15 minutes.
5. Rinse with lukewarm water then pat dry.
6. Apply oil-free moisturizer.
7. Repeat daily to clear acne.
4. Banana Peel and Lemon
Lemon contains natural acidity which assists in killing bacteria that cause acne. It also works like a natural bleaching agent which reduces the appearance of scars.
1. Make a paste of mashed banana.
2. Mix equal parts of it with a fresh-squeezed lemon juice.
3. Apply it on the place you want with a cotton ball.
4. Massage it gently and let it act for 15 minutes and then rinse it with warm water and pat dry.
5. Repeat the procedure daily.
5. Banana Peel with Baking Powder
Baking powder helps to remove toxins from the pores.
1. Mash a banana peel until it forms a paste.
2. Mix 1 tablespoon of banana peel paste with 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder.
3. Add water until the mix turns into a fine paste.
4. Use a cotton ball to massage the paste onto the skin using circular motions.
5. Leave on for 2 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
6. Apply oil-free moisturizer.
7. Repeat daily.
6. Banana Peel with Honey
Honey is an antibacterial agent and a natural moisturizer.
1. Mix 1 tablespoon of the paste prepared from banana peel, and half a tablespoon of raw honey.
2. Apply it on the affected area with circular motions with a cotton ball.
3. Allow the paste to act for about 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
4. After that apply moisturizer which is oil-free.
5. Do this treatment on a daily basis.