Did you know that there is real honey and fake honey? Without knowing how to check purity of honey, it will be difficult to tell and identify the difference. You can do this at home, but how? Here’s a guide on how to test the purity of honey at home using simple tests.
You can notice the differences between real and fake honey with the physical qualities of the honey.
Fake honey properties:
– Has a sour odor or does not smell at all
– Runny, leaks quickly
– Has a rough texture and clumps
– Separates into layers
Real honey properties:
– Does not foam
– Trickles in a stream and is constantly thick
– It has a soft texture
– Has the typical honey aroma
– Does not different in layers
Exactly what is fake honey?
It is also called adulterated impure or synthetic honey, because sugar syrups, molasses, corn syrup and other flavors and additives are added in this honey. GHgeochem, has run some tests which showed: “If pure honey has actually been adulterated with corn syrup, the isotope ratio will fall some method between the two values and thus adulteration will have been proved.” This plainly shows that the many of the “pure” honey items you purchase have corn syrup contributed to them.
Fake honey is not healthy. This is due to the fact that throughout the production procedure, the honey loses its quality and nutrients. The honey market utilizes ultrafiltration techniques, in order to avoid the tracing of the Geo source of the honey. According to Teacher Vaughn Bryant, 75% of the honey in the shops does not contain pollen.
Pure honey is organic honey, is not produced in factories. It is really challenging to discover real organic honey on the marketplace despite the fact that a great deal of brands claim that their honey is real or natural honey.
Checking the honey purity at home
Many of the producers, will dilute honey with sugar syrup and molasses in order to double the earnings. Making it thicker, they likewise use ground chalk, flour, sawdust and sand. In order to check the purity of honey, here is what to do:
Here’s the procedure to do a thumb test:
– Put a small drop of the honey you have on your thumb
– Check to see if it spills or spreads around
– If it does, it is not pure
– Pure honey will stay intact on your thumb
The Water Test to Spot Fake Honey
Here’s how to do the water test:
– Fill a glass with water
– Add one tablespoon of honey into the glass
– Adulterated or artificial honey will dissolve in water and you will see it around the glass
– Pure honey on the other hand will settle right at the bottom of your glass.