1. LIGHT FLOW SUGGESTS THAT YOU MAY HAVE THYROID OR PITUITARY GLAND ISSUE
If you are taking birth control pills, then you do not need to panic if you have light flow because that is usual. But if you do not take birth control pills or any kind of non-hormonal IUD yet you still have light flow, then there is a chance you have a hormonal imbalance. Dr. Adelaide Nardone, from Brown University, says light flow may indicate to thyroid or pituitary gland related problems. There is also a some probability that you suffer from Mullerian anomaly. This is a disorder that causes a malformed hymen, which may impede with your menstrual blood flow. Oddly, light periods can sometimes also be linked to autoimmune disorders and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
2. SUDDEN BLEEDING THROUGHOUT PERIODS CAN BE CAUSED BY CERVICAL OR UTERINE POLYPS
The only time bleeding is normal is during your cycles, and if you notice bleeding between them you should visit a doctor. He may tell you that it’s a normal if you’re on the pill, but if you’re not it may be a sign of a number of things. For example, it may be connected to elevated estrogen levels or a result of fibroids, cervical or uterine polyps and even cancer. That’s why it’s important to consult a doctor and see what’s causing it.
3. IF YOU SUFFER FROM UNBEARABLE AND SEVERE CRAMPS WHICH LAST FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS YOU SHOULD CONSULT A DOCTOR
If you have intense cramps throughout your periods and think that it is usual, you are making a mistake. According to Dr. Daniela Carusi, director of General Gynecology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, young women think that they need to endure intense cramps, but that is not the case. It is harmful if we do not talk about them.
4. IF YOUR PERIOD IS LATE AND THERE IS NO CHANCE OF PREGNANCY, YOU ARE LIKELY TO HAVE HORMONAL IMBALANCE. CONSULT A DOCTOR IF THIS IS THE CASE
If your menstrual cycle is late, and there are some chances you are pregnant, then it is great. However, if there is no possibility of you being pregnant, there are several things you should know. According to Doctor Carusi, you may not have regular ovulations or you might have PCOS, which makes knowing your fertile days more difficult for you. In case you are obese person or have very low percent of body fat, you may be dealing with a severe hormonal imbalance. If so, it is time for you to change your lifestyle. Since insulin resistance directly affects the ovaries, women who have irregular periods, and are obese, need to check if they suffer from diabetes type 2. If this is your case you need to contact your doctor immediately.
5. IF YOUR DISCHARGE HAS SATURATED RED COLOR SIMILAR TO “CRANBERRY JUICE” THAN YOU HAVE A NORMAL SECRETION. HOWEVER, IF THE SECRETION IS ANY OTHER COLOR THAN THIS YOU MAY HAVE ESTROGEN IMBALANCE.