The second name of the moringa tree is “The Miracle Tree” and there is good reason for that. This amazing tree is very popular in India, parts of Africa and Asia and every part of this amazing tree such as the pods, fruits, flowers, roots and bark are edible and rich in nutrients.
What makes moringa so marvelous?
Let’s compare moringa to some common healthy foods and products we consume to see what the big deal is regarding this plant:
– There’s nothing like a cup of coffee to wake you up in the morning…at least that’s what you think until you’ve had moringa tea! The moringa leaves have properties that boost energy level naturally and keep them boosted for a long period of time.
– You’ve heard carrots are good for your eyes because of their high vitamin A content, but moringa has four times the vitamin A of carrots per gram! Moringa is also a great source of beta-carotene.
– Moringa seeds produce edible oil known as Ben oil that is similar to olive oil nutrition wise. This oil is rich in antioxidants and, unlike many other oils, has an indefinite shelf life!
– Moringa is great for your bones too. It has four times the calcium of milk per gram.
– Spinach has long been praised as a rich source of iron, but moringa leaves have three times more iron than spinach!
– Are you one of those people who take multivitamins? Moringa supplements, which are made from moringa leaves and pods, are said to be better than most vitamins and supplements on the market because they don’t use synthetic ingredients.
– Moringa has double the protein found in yogurt per gram.
– Moringa has three times the potassium found in bananas per gram.
– Moringa has a whopping seven times more vitamin C per gram of oranges!
The Anti-Cancer Effects of Moringa Revealed By Researchers
Moringa is also rich in many powerful anti-cancer compounds like: rhamnetin, isoquercetin and kaempferol. Recently the researchers have found that Moringa has anti-cancer potential especially against ovarian cancer, liver cancer, lung cancer, and melanoma in lab tests.
But remember it is still not proven that Moringa is actually cancer remedy, but these researches indicate the potential for a starting point for a medicine of the future.
Find out some additional benefits of the moringa plant.
– Can be used to purify water
– Can improve human lactation.
– Is a powerful skin cleanser, and ideal for maintaining healthy, beautiful hair
– Contains nine essential amino acids, 27 vitamins, 46 antioxidants, and various minerals.
– It has no side effects. The moringa plant is suitable for both children and adults.
– Can treat a variety of chronic diseases, bites, wounds, and other ailments.
You can find moringa plant products, some of which can be used in soup and curry dishes, at a South-Indian grocery store or a grocery store that caters to South-Indian cuisine. Surely, once people start buying it, this plant will be used worldwide!