Did you know that aluminum foil has many other uses than the ones in the kitchen, such as effective treatment of rheumatic pain, burns as well as eye bags. It is interesting that Chinese and Russian natural healers commonly use aluminum foil in their healing practices.
A number of studies have confirmed that aluminum foil is extremely beneficial in the treatment of:
Back, neck, arm, leg and joint pain,
Effects of inflammatory processes,
Aluminum foil wraps against muscle and joint pain
Aluminum foil can be really effective remedy for easing pain in the back, arms, neck, legs and joints.
In addition, it can be useful for treating sciatica, rheumatoid arthritis, gout and heel pain.
1. Using aluminum foil, wrap the painful area on your body.
2. Use a bandage to fix it well.
3. Leave it act during the day or overnight.
4. Even if the pain affects your arms, elbows, knees or legs, wrap the foil around your extremity fastening it with a bandage.
5. You should do this treatment for 10-12 days before you take a 1- or 2-week break.
6. If the pain continues, repeat the treatment.
Flu and cold treatment
This foil is very effective in the fight against infections. If you like to avoid antibiotics, this treatment will do the job perfectly. It will remove the symptoms of cold and flu that can make you unable to finish your daily activities. You will beat the cold in just 2-3 days in natural way.
1. Envelop your feet in 5-7 layers of foil. You should place cotton or paper between each layer.
2. Hold the wrap for one hour and then take it off.
3. Iterate the same procedure 2 hours later.
4. Leave it to work for one hour.
5. Again, wait for 2 hours and repeat the whole procedure again.
6. Do this treatment for whole week.
Aluminum foil for burns
Aluminum foil can successfully alleviate the pain from burns caused by fire, hot water, oil, steam and other liquids.
1. Hold the burn under cold running water for several minutes.
2. If your skin isn’t damaged, dry it with a clean, soft cloth.
3. If your skin is damaged, absorb the water from the wound using sterile gauze.
4. Dry the wound carefully before applying a thin layer of ointment to prevent the gauze from sticking to the wound.
5. Using sterile gauze, cover the burn.
6. Put some aluminum foil over the burn (if the burn is not open) or over the gauze (in case of an open burn) and fasten it with some bandage.
7. Leave the foil until the pain diminishes.
Alleviating post-amputation or phantom pain
Aluminum foil can also be used to address the pain following amputation of an extremity, also known as phantom pain.
The findings of a study on amputees published in the British Journal of Pain reveals that the post-amputation pain was far milder in the group of patients whose limbs were wrapped in aluminum foil as opposed to the group who didn’t undergo such treatment.
1. Wrap some aluminum foil around the amputated limb.
2. Fasten with bandage, and
3. Remove when the pain lessens or disappears.
Treating insomnia and fatigue
The beauticians and makeup artists around the world recommend the aluminum foil as very effective tool because it is able to refresh and re-energize your face after sleepless night.
Place some aluminum foil pieces in a freezer for several hours.
Put the frozen pieces on your cheeks or eyelids.
Wait for few minutes or until you notice that your facial muscles are relaxed.
Then you can remove the aluminum foil while the symptoms of insomnia, fatigue and stress on your face are gone for good.
Which side to use?
Each side of the aluminum foil is good for certain health conditions. For example, in order to warm or maintain the temperature on particular body part, use the shiny side on the inside, straight on the skin. If you like to cool down or protect from the heat, use the matte side on the inside.
Anyway, the natural healers claim that no matter which side you use, you will gain the same effect.