Aim for 300 calories, at least 15 grams of fiber, 20 grams of protein, and 15 grams of fat.
1. Broccoli-Cheddar Scramble: Scramble 2 lg eggs in 1 tsp olive oil with ½ cup broccoli and 2 Tbsp shredded Cheddar. Serve with 1 cup sliced strawberries.
Nutrition: 300 cals, 19 g protein, 15 g carbs, 9 g fiber, 19 g fat
2. Cereal and Yogurt: ½ cup high-fiber cereal (Kashi GoLean, Fiber One, or All Bran) with 8 oz fat-free plain Greek yogurt, 1 cup raspberries, and 1 Tbsp chopped walnuts.
Nutrition: 310 cals, 28 g protein, 48 g carbs, 22 g fiber, 4 g fat
3. Mediterranean Omelet: 4 egg whites with spinach, onion, and feta cheese on 4 high-fiber crackers.
Nutrition: 285 cals, 35 g protein, 25 g carbs, 20 g fiber, 5 g fat
Aim for 400 to 450 calories, at least 10 grams of fiber, 20 grams of protein, and 15 grams of fat.
1. Turkey-Cheddar Power Plate: Combine ¼ cups cubed Cheddar, 3 oz oven-roasted turkey breast (3 thick or 6 thin slices), 1 cup raspberries, 1 cup sliced carrots, and 12 almonds on a plate.
Nutrition: 416 cals, 28 g protein, 33 g carb, 15 g fiber, 21 g fat
2. Protein Salad: 3 to 4 oz of any lean, grilled, broiled, baked protein such as white meat chicken, salmon, or turkey breast, on top of a mixed greens salad: 2-4 cups of leafy greens and any assortment of non-starchy vegetables drizzled lightly with a balsamic vinaigrette.
Nutrition: 350 cals, 32 g protein, 32 g carbs, 15 g fiber, 10 g fat
3. Turkey Sandwich: Top a slice of 100% whole wheat bread with 2 oz low-sodium sliced turkey breast, 1 oz light mozzarella cheese, 1 tsp spicy brown mustard, and lots of non-starchy veggies such as sprouts, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and sliced red onion. Serve with a leafy green side salad + 1 cup broth-based soup (such as lentil soup, see dinner options).
Nutrition: 415 cals, 25 g protein, 50 g carbs, 10 g fiber, 10 g fat
Aim for roughly 400 calories and at least 10 grams of fiber, 20 grams of protein, and 15 grams of fat.
1. Turkey Avocado Cobb Salad: Top with 2 Tbsp cashews and ½ cup cherries.
Nutrition: 402 cals, 36 g protein, 24 g carbs, 6 g fiber, 19 g fat
2. Perfectly Balanced Plate: Pair 3 to 4 oz of any grilled, broiled, or baked lean protein (such as white meat chicken, tofu, or salmon) with roasted non-starchy vegetables like carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, or brussels sprouts sprinkled with some grated Parmesan or balsamic vinegar. Serve with ⅓ cup whole grains like whole wheat pasta or farron, or, for those avoiding gluten, sub in quinoa or brown rice.
Nutrition: (estimated) 350 cals, 32 g protein, 30 g carbs, 10 g fiber, 11 g fat
3. Lentil Soup
Nonstick cooking spray
2 onions, chopped
½ c carrot, peeled and diced
½ c celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
½ Tbsp salt
6 c vegetable stock
2 c lentils
1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes
1½ tsp ground coriander
½ tsp ground cardamom
½ tsp ground cumin
Spray nonstick cooking spray into a large 6-quart pot and heat over medium heat. Once hot, add the onions, carrots, celery, garlic, ginger, and salt. Sauté until the onions are translucent, approximately 6 to 7 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. Simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are soft. Optional: garnish with chopped cashews. Serve alongside high-fiber crackers or side salad. Serves 6. Recipe courtesy F-Factor.
Nutrition: (per 1½ cups) 225 cals, 45 g carbs, 7 g fiber, 12 g protein, 3 g fat
Aim for 150 to 250 calories, at least 8 grams of fiber, 10 grams of protein, and 5 grams of fat.
1. Edamame: Sprinkle 1 cup steamed edamame (in pods) with sea salt to taste.
Nutrition: 179 cals, 15 g protein, 13 g carbs, 5 g fiber, 7 g fat
2. Cherries with Ricotta and Toasted Almonds: ¾ cup frozen pitted cherries, 2 Tbsp part-skim or non-fat ricotta cheese, 1 Tbsp toasted slivered almonds. Heat cherries in microwave until warm, 1 to 2 minutes, and then top with ricotta and almonds.
Nutrition: 150 cals, 6 g protein, 25 g carbs, 3g fiber, 5 grams fat
3. Apple and Peanut Butter: 1 medium apple (or 1 banana) topped with 1 to 2 tsp nut butter
Nutrition: 200 cals, 10 g protein, 30 g carbs, 9 g fiber, 4 g fat