Of all of our organs the liver is considered as the heaviest organ in our body and as the largest gland as well. It serves us in the way that produces substances that aid in digestion, synthesis of protein and regulation of the number of red blood cells, and most importantly flushes all harmful toxins and toxic waste from the human body. This is very important, because if the toxins are not flushed from the body, they will create toxic environment, which is perfect for all carcinogenic cells.
The liver have many tasks and that’s why it’s extremely important that your liver is in good condition. Well, if the liver slows down and becomes sluggish, the toxins will accumulate in the organism and they will be stored in the fatty tissues, until your liver becomes healthy again and it can flush them out of the body, which is mots important for your health.
The next warning signs you mustn’t ignore, because may indicate that your liver isn’t functioning properly:
- Chronic muscle and joint pain
- Acne and other skin conditions
- Anxiety and depression
- Hormonal imbalance
- Increased weight
- Chronic fatigue
- Gases, bloating, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation
- Improper digestion
Some people may find it difficult to lose weight, even though they exercise regularly and eat healthy food. This may indicate that they have liver problems as well. So you should ask yourself, “What I should do to improve liver’s function?” The solution is very simple, eating healthy food and changing your lifestyle on better can keep the liver in a tip-top condition.
Here are some tricks and tips that will improve the liver’s health:
- Reduce the fructose consumption to 20 g per day
- Eliminate refined sugars from your diet
- You should avoid processed foods and you should try to eat organic foods, which don’t contain too much sodium or other toxic substances
- Limit or eliminate alcohol consumption
- Drink enough water
- You should go on a balances diet that includes whole foods, animal and plant protein, grains, fermented foods, healthy fats, nuts and seeds
- Eat plenty of dietary fiber: whole foods, chia seeds, artichokes, avocados, broccoli and Brussels sprouts, etc.
- You should consume foods that contain sulfur, such as: eggs, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, garlic, onion, asparagus, kale, etc.
- Increase the consumption of green leafy vegetables, because they contain high amounts of magnesium, folate, Vitamin C and Vitamin B
- You should include sources of animal and vegetable amino acids: chicken, eggs, raw spinach, parsley, cabbage, beets, etc.
- You should consume healthy fats
- You should eliminate inflammatory vegetable oils, such as: canola, corn, soybeans, vegetable oil cottonseed, safflower or sunflower
Here are also the 3 ingredients that are very beneficial for your liver:
It is very beneficial and effective in protecting the liver, because of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
They are very useful in protecting and supporting the liver function, due to its high fiber and antioxidant properties.
- Milk thistle
Milk thistle, which is considered as medicinal herb contains high amounts of antioxidants, and it can contain antiviral, anti-inflammatory and anti-fibrotic properties, which are perfect for the liver and can protect him from damage caused by alcohol and drugs, viruses or toxins.
That’s why you should take care of your health, and not only for the liver, but for all other organs. And as we said, the way to do that is to eat healthy food and to change your lifestyle.