Women dream of a slim body is usually overshadowed when we are faced with delicious temptations. Rarely we can resist on sweet desserts, although in ourself we are repeating the mantra of a perfect figure.
The desire for good is sometimes stronger than us and we can not control it, so we end up with a few cookies eaten, excess calories and guilt that can not be muted even with exercise.
The good news is that we can satisfy the sweet tooth in a healthy way with a few cubes delicious dark chocolate. It is important to emphasize the dark, because consumers often are mistaken when they think that it is any kind of chocolate. To enjoy the health benefits of chocolate, it needs to have a minimum 70% cocoa in his composition.
Dark chocolate can be part of a healthy and balanced diet if consumed in moderation. Here’s why:
1. Alleviates tedious cough. When the cough doesn’t leave you to take a breath, try to ease with a dark chocolate. Several medical studies have shown that theobromine which is found in dark chocolate helps to soothe the cough.
2. Lowers high blood pressure. Daily consumption of small amounts of dark chocolate can reduce to a minimum the high blood pressure. German research has shown that the intake of 30 calories a day of dark chocolate reduces systolic pressure by 3 mmHg, and diastolic with 2 mmHg. Researchers believe that this lowering is due to the substances flavonoids found in cocoa.
3. Reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke. Dark chocolate is good for the cardiovascular system and brain. Antioxidants found in it reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke.
4. Helps with high cholesterol. Dark chocolate, but not the white, reduces the level of “bad” cholesterol, and increases the “good” cholesterol.
5. Improves the mood and reduces stress. Dark chocolate lowers the level of stress hormones and stimulates the creation of endorphins, credited for strengthening the feeling of happiness and satisfaction.
6. Rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants are necessary for the body because they successfully fight free radicals in the body and help in the protection against cancer and cardiovascular disease. At the same time they slow down the aging process.
7. It can be an ally in the fight against overweight. The bitter taste of dark chocolate reduces appetite, unlike the lighter milk chocolate that additionally stimulated. Several cubes dark chocolate will satisfy the daily requirement for sweet and would make it easier for you to control the number of calories you enter with your diet.
Do not forget … Dark chocolate is always a healthier choice than white. But dark chocolate is calorie food that should be consumed narrowly. In 100 grams of dark or black chocolate has about 550 calories.